It’s a 3-day holiday weekend!
I hope everyone had a great week, and that you’re all looking forward to the long weekend. I know I am! There are a few things that I’m going to do, but you can be sure that I’ll be making time to read a few pages, or a few books. I’ve been battling something this week, so I’m just glad that the worst of whatever “that” was is over. Just to be sure, I’m going to see my therapist later today to get checked out.
- Currently reading: The Peculiars by Maureen Doyle McQuerry | Amulet Books
- Will then start: Just Say Yes by Phillipa Ashley | Sourcebooks Landmark
Any plans for this weekend?
San Diegans, according to NBC, there are some local events if you’re interested.
- On May 28, The Veterans Museum & Memorial Center will be holding a special event from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. in Balboa Park honoring veterans for their service.
- The Midway Museum on the Embarcadero will host the American Legion Post 492 for a special Memorial Day ceremony on the flight deck. Heroes will be remembered and honored in this inspiring event. Get more information here.
- Taking in an extra-long weekend? Then stop by the Nutella Eating Contest at the parking lot of Jett Gallery on 989 West Kalmia St. The two rounds start at 8:30 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. Cost is $5 and the winner gets free crepes for a year from Crepes Bonaparte.
- The 3rd Annual American Freedom Festival San Diego will be held on Saturday, May 26 at 7:30 p.m. aboard the Midway Museum. The fund-raising event features Three Dog Night.
- Members of the military, veterans and the public are invited to Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery on Monday, May 30th at 10:00 a.m. for the 111th annual Memorial Day Service. Live Music by the U.S. Navy Band will begin at 8:45 a.m. The one-hour program will include music, a wreath tribute, cannon and rifle salute, bagpipe soloist, and special readings for the occasion. The keynote speaker will be Rear Admiral William Douglas French, US Navy Commander, Navy Region Southwest.
- The 15th Annual American Heritage Car Show will be held on Saturday, May 26 from 9 am – 3 pm at the Festivals & Fairs Grape Day Park in Escondido.
- SeaWorld will begin its summer fireworks show on Saturday, May 26 at 9:30 p.m.
- The Vista Village Strawberry Festival will cater to your sweet tooth on Sunday, May 27. The festival goes from 8 a.m. – 7 p.m. at the Festivals & Fairs in Historic Downtown Vista.