I was rearranging a few books yesterday. It resulted in looking through each book, appreciating each cover. I would flip through the book, catching glimpses of words or passages of moments that I remember from each book. It then led me to think about where I was when I got the book, or where I was when I first read it.
Do you reminisce about your books?
Like many of you, I like to collect books. But is there such thing as having too many? Is there such a thing as not appreciating the books? How many times do you reread a book?
Occasionally, I reread a book or a series. Favorites, like the Harry Potter series, will definitely get reread time. But how often do I reread other books? I should probably dedicate a day or a few days in the month to reread a book. Maybe even talk about it.
Some of my favorites? Aside from Harry Potter, there are…
- Nora Roberts’ Key Trilogy
- Arthur Golden’s Memoirs of a Geisha
- L.M. Montgomery’s Anne of Green Gables series (But only books 1-5)
- C.S. Lewis’ The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
- Louisa May Alcott’s Little Women
- Philip Pullman’s His Dark Materials trilogy
- Randy Pausch’s The Last Lecture
- Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander
- Karen Marie Moning’s Fever series
- Katherine Paterson’s Bridge to Terabithia
- Douglas Adams’ The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy
- Dan Brown’s Angels & Demons
- JR Ward’s Black Dagger Brotherhood series
- Jeaniene Frost’s Night Huntress series
- Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice (Of course!)
What are some of your favorites?