Hi, I’m Michelle and I want my week back. Is it already Friday? I could have sworn the week just started. Blah. I guess it doesn’t help that I was sick for a majority of the week. Again, Michelle? Yes, yes, I know. But what can I say? My immunity sucks and has never been the same.
Right now, I should be at a movie theater, watching the latest installment of the Mission Impossible series. It should be fun and full of excitement. At least Rotten Tomato has given it good reviews. Yes, I trust RT more than word of mouth. Hah!
This weekend, I’ll be reading Victoria Schwab’s The Near Witch. I won a copy of the book from The awesome and talented ladies over at Swoontini. I have heard nothing but amazing things about the story and I cannot wait to get started. Thank you, ladies!
I have also been decorating the house with festive holiday decorations. I wanted something different so I have researched some DIY ideas. I thought I could put a personal spin on the holidays since it will be my first Christmas in San Diego.
Are you a crafty person, too? Let me share the links!
- Shimering Stacked Christmas Trees from Martha Stewart (marthastewart.com) : Have you seen the Christmas book tree? It’s been floating around the internet. Since I didn’t want to take up a lot of space, I thought this would be a great alternative.
- Felt Tree Bottle Cover from Martha Stewart (marthastewart.com) : This was really simple to make! I have several spread out around the living room, and when the festivities start, I can give them away as presents or host gifts.
- Paper-Doily Wreath from Martha Stewart (marthastewart.com) : Paper-doilies, christmas lights, and a wire frame? How simple is that? It’s really pretty and I cannot wait to start on this project.
- Pucker Up from Good House Keeping (goodhousekeeping.com) : Our staircase is visible as soon as you enter the front door. I didn’t want to put a garland on the rail because I thought that it would have blocked the natural light in the stairway. I thought this was a good idea to add a little bit of festive spirit.
- Glass Ornaments from Country Living (countryliving.com) : I don’t have these on the Christmas tree, but I am going to place some on the trees that are planted in our entryway. It’s simple and inexpensive, but adds an extra something.
Do you have any DIY ideas for this holiday season? Please share, I’d love to find out your crafting secrets. 🙂