The temperature in San Diego is dropping! Perfect weather for weekend reading. I do have a few things that I’ll be doing this weekend, but I’m making time for some amazing books. I do have this need to bake things for the holiday season. And last night, I had a craving for hot chocolate with mini marshmallows!
Hot chocolate, anyone?
If you’re in the baking spirit, I have some recipes to share with everyone! No, I’m not a culinary genius and these aren’t mine. These recipes are bookmarked, dog-eared somewhere, and given to me. And since this is the giving season, I thought I could share the awesome with you!
- Bakerella’s Pumpkin Pecan Chocolate Chunk Cookies with Maple Brown Butter Frosting – I love Bakerella. I even have some of her books. Her recipes are simple and are always delicious. Take a look at her blog to see the awesome. She’s the originator of the cake pops. Yes, those cake pops. If you love this recipe, take a look at her other recipes.
- Martha Stewart’s Cream-Cheese Walnut Cookies – Who can deny the awesome of Martha Stewart? She practically invented the industry on home entertaining. Her cookies are guaranteed in my house. The best part about her recipes? There’s an app for that. 😉
- Southern Living’s Snickerdoodle – Always trust Southern Living. Why? Because it is always delicious, no matter what. Don’t question it, just bake it. Check out their other cookie recipes.
- Picky Palate’s The Motherlode Layered Cookie Bars – Delicious! I don’t know what else to say about this. It’s fun to make and fun to eat!
- Baking Delite’s Orange Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies – I’m a sucker for chocolate chip cookies. And add dark chocolate and oranges? WIN!
Okay, time for books! This week, Twitter has been buzzing with the release of Cassandra Clare’s Clockwork Prince. I will admit, I have stopped everything for this book. Well, as much as I can, anyways.I’m about a quarter into the book. Don’t worry, I won’t say anything to spoil it for you. Nor will I tweet about it.
Instead, let’s talk about what my reading plans are for the weekend, shall we?