I love many other things beside books. For example, I love desserts, and occasionally bake delicious morsels. I love coffee, and have an addiction for it. (I was even a barista at a popular coffee shop) I love nail polish, and occasionally tweet about my latest nail adventures. Oh, I also love make-up, and that obsession is getting a little out of hand. I also have a love/hate relationship with knitting, but I mainly love it.
So I thought that I would share with you some of the books that I have for these things that I love. Since the weather in San Diego has reflected Fall a little more than a usual its usual sunny self, I have had a lot of time indoors. So what do I do? I do one of the things I love.
I knit a lot of scarves. Scarves are easy to knit and it is instantly gratifying. I paint my nails every weekend. Sometimes I put a little design or add some glitter. I haven’t baked in a while. Since I’ve moved to San Diego, it’s more fun to discover dessert places than staying inside to bake. Of course, I love coffee and will occasionally treat myself to a cup, or two…or three. Make-up? Well, that has become a necessity since I was younger. Someone once told me that make-up is one of the most important accessories that can change your outfit. All of these things that I love just show my personality.
I do have other loves, or what the bf calls obsessions, but I assure you it is at a healthy medium. You guys shouldn’t be surprised. I am obsessive about collecting books. It is simple to easily be obsessive about another thing. Right? Please tell me I’m not alone here. Anyone?
Well, here are some books that I love about things that I love. What other things do you love?
Make-up and Beauty
- The Truth About Beauty: Transform Your Looks And Your Life From The Inside Out by Kat James | Atria Books
- Making Faces by Kevyn Aucoin | Little, Brown & Company
- Makeup Makeovers: Expert Secrets for Stunning Transformations by Robert Jones | Fair Winds Press
- Face Forward by Kevyn Aucoin | Little, Brown & Company
- Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual: For Everyone from Beginner to Pro by Bobbi Brown | Grand Central Publishing
Coffee and Desserts
- The Perfect Cup: a Coffee lover’s Guide to Buying, Brewing and Tasting by Timothy J Castle | Pearson Education Canada
- Coffee Basics: A Quick and Easy Guide by Kevin Knox, Julie Sheldon Huffaker | Wiley
- The Cake Bible by Various | Morrow Cookbooks
- The Pie and Pastry Bible by Rose Levy Beranbaum | Scribner
- Martha Stewart’s Cookies by Martha Stewart | Clarson Potter
- Stitch ‘N Bitch: The Knitter’s Handbook by Debbie Stoller | Workman Publishing
- Vogue Knitting: The Ultimate Knitting Book by The Editors of Vogue | Sixth & Spring Books
- The Knitting Answer Book: Solutions to Every Problem You’ll Ever Face; Answers to Every Question You’ll Ever Ask by Margaret Radcliffe | Storey Publishing
- Vampire Knits: Projects to Keep You Knitting from Twilight to Dawn by Genevieve Miller | Potter Craft
- Last-Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson | Stewart, Tabori, and Chang